Are you in love with Paris? Or did you leave your heart in London a long time ago? The good news is that you don’t need to choose between the two for the ultimate romantic getaway…
Recently hailed by Tripadvisor users as the top two destinations in the world, both cities are sharing the love to inspire US travellers to visit both in one trip, making their hard-earned vacation and time with loved ones extra special.
Thanks to the Eurostar rail, it’s never been easier to flit between the two cities – which are just over two hours apart. So, whether you’re already planning for next year’s Valentine’s Day or simply want to experience two world-class cities with your special someone, Visit London and Paris Info have lovingly selected some of their top picks, guaranteed to sweep you off your feet…
Culture vultures and selfie spots
From dreamy attractions and blockbuster exhibitions, to historic palaces and beautiful green spaces, it’s all too easy to get lost in the magic of both cities…
- The Sacré-Cœur is one of the most iconic monuments in Paris. At the top of the Butte Montmartre, it has one of the most beautiful panoramic views of the capital to enjoy with your loved one
- Check out the Romeo & Juliet painting at Musée Delacroix, the artist’s former home is a steeped in history, created in homage to Delacroix by the greatest artists of the 1920s.
- Enjoy a touch of tranquility at Jardin des Serres d’Auteuil a beautiful, insta-worthy Parisian garden with grand, traditional greenhouses
- Both London and Paris are home to many beautiful retail areas – perfect for handheld strolls with your sweetheart. From the charming streets of Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Le Marais in Paris to the bustling villages of Seven Dials and Connaught Village in London.
- Venture out of central London to the Royal Borough of Greenwich where you will find beautiful Greenwich Park, boasting fantastic views across the city. Don’t forget to stop by the Royal Observatory to gaze at the stars with your special someone
- Explore an ornate hidden gem in tucked away in west London…Leighton House is the former studio-house of the great Victorian artist Frederic, Lord Leighton, brimming with vivid colours and quirky collectables
- Enjoy the sedate majesty of Kensington Palace, home to the happy couple, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! You’ll uncover lots of historical love stories (and might also find a secluded spot to steal a kiss or two).
- Sharing plates, tasting menus, cosy booths and gorgeous views, London and Paris offer some of the best romantic restaurants in the world, just waiting to be discovered…
‘Olive you from my head tomatoes’
Sharing plates, tasting menus, cosy booths and gorgeous views, London and Paris offer some of the best romantic restaurants in the world, just waiting to be discovered…
- Located in the heart of the 8th arrondissement, near the Champs-Elysées and Montaigne Avenue, the Micheline starred Lasserre is the icon of French cuisine
- For the ultimate treat with your special someone, why not have lunch in a Parisian ‘palace’ hotel for less than 70euros at the Orangerie at the Four Seasons George V hotel, with fresh and light food in an exceptional setting
- For sightseeing with a difference, the Bustronome ‘voyage gourmand’ is available in both Paris and London, blending fine dining with fantastic views on a state-of-the-art bus.
- Perfect for special occasions and a touch of Russian glamour, Bob Bob Ricard in central London prides itself on it’s tasty menu and of course, the ‘Press for Champagne’ button!
- For a date night with a difference, the Dans le Noir restaurant is pitch black, serving surprise menus by blind waiters in the darkness…Don’t be fooled by the name – this quirky eatery can be found in Clerkenwell, London
- …Is every night when you’re on vacation! Show off your special someone, paint both cities red, and immerse yourself in the buzzing nightlife scenes across both cities…
Soak up some serious culture at some of the oldest and most revered entertainment venues in London, such as a night at the Royal Albert Hall or the infamous Ronnie Scotts to listen to some late night jazz
- No couple’s getaway to London would be complete without a Champagne toast in your very own private capsule on the London Eye, where you can become part of London’s skyline.
- For a sophisticated night out with your beloved, Bar Botaniste at the Shangri-La palace hotel is one of the most Instagrammable bars in Paris.
- Enjoy an exceptional date night in the legendary Parisian nightspot, Crazy Horse. Located just a few steps from the Champs-Elysées, along the prestigious avenue George V, the most avant-garde Parisian cabaret is guaranteed to enchant you!
Relax and unwind
The right hotel makes all the difference, whether you’re after somewhere luxurious, a quirky boutique, couple’s pampering or simply a place to lay your head, you’ll find an abundance of perfect love-nests across both cities
- The epitome of French style, L’Hotel was the world’s first boutique hotel and last home of Oscar Wilde. Here you can find a tiny swimming pool that can be available for private hire.
- For a totally relaxing experience with your loved one, The Spa Diane Barrière by Shiseido at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière is a 750 m2 expanse devoted to well-being where you can reconnect with your ‘Qi’…
- You will find the iconic St Pancras Renaissance just stone’s throw from the London Eurostar platform – a spectacular Victorian masterpiece guaranteed to dazzle your special someone.
- The luxurious Lanesborough Spa just by Hyde Park offers a ‘Lather for Two’ package, complete with a body buffing hot mineral mud and silk balm massage.
To uncover the best of London and Paris for the ultimate romantic getaway, visit: www.londonandparis.com
To be added to our mailing list, email email@example.com