There are so many things to do over half-term in the capital, that you can easily fill the whole break.
Many London attractions have reopened with appropriate social-distancing and safety measures in place, so you can bond with the kids in a safe environment.
Special school holiday activities are taking place at London’s children’s museums and attractions during the break, including sleepovers and arts and crafts.
- Track down Billy Brown from London Town at the London Transport Museum on a family trail. 17 Oct-1 Nov
- Set off on a Gruffalo Adventure around Kew Gardens, as you look for the character hiding in the dark woods this autumn. 17 Oct-1 Nov
- Explore an architectural London icon, St Paul’s Cathedral, with free entry for kids during half-term and learn about the cathedral’s history on four family trails. 17-31 Oct
- From sound to forces, electricity to chemistry, think like a scientist in the immersive science playground known as Wonderlab: The Equinor Gallery at the Science Museum. Open all week
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show has wriggled back to London this half-term for a socially distanced run at arts depot in North Finchley. 24-27 Oct
- Become a secret agent and take part in a top secret mission in Family Missions at the Museum of London. 24 Oct – 3 Nov
- Make your own designs reality in a t-shirt, skeleton mask or lantern-making workshop at the Foundling Museum. 27-30 Oct
- Take on the Robot Coding Challenge (27-31 Oct), dive into the inventions of WW1 in a short family show (27-29 Oct) or visit the National Army Museum at a special, sensory-friendly opening. 31 Oct
- Listen to tremendous tales and get stuck into DIY projects at Westminster Abbey’s Family Day: Building History. 30 Oct
GET SPOOKY THIS HALLOWEEN
Encounter unsavoury characters from London’s past at immersive The London Dungeon. Travel to some of the city’s creepiest spots with The Ghost Bus Tours. Prepare for the ultimate scare as you navigate the Tombs at the London Bridge Experience.
More spooky fun options include:
- Devour yummy Halloween treats in your scariest costumes at a Halloween-themed Peppa Pig Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. 22-31 Oct
- Go on a quest for magic potion ingredients hidden around the Whitehall Historic House on a treasure hunt. 24, 29 and 31 Oct
- ZSL London Zoo is waiting for you with frightful fun, including a Halloween trail and a walk through In with the Spiders. 24 Oct – 1 Nov
- Test your detective skills as you take on the Where’s Wally? Spooky Museum Search mission at the Horniman Museum. 24 Oct – 1 Nov
- Go on a Spooky Family Tour around Chelsea Physic Garden in search of herbs to save Professor Bella Donna Sneeze Wart’s beloved cat! 29 Oct
Most London attractions must be booked in advance.